Sunday, February 22, 2009

Strength in Weakness

Today my mind is a little uneasy. I left the team meeting for our trip to the Philippines feeling really heavy. I think the reality of the fact that I am going to the Philippines this summer is setting in and I am excited but at the same time kind of unnerved. You never really understand the amount of spiritual preparation it takes to go on a missions trip until you are in the midst of the planning and training. I now the the Lord is good and He is ultimately in control over all aspects of this trip, but I feel for some reason inadequate (Not that I don't think God can use me because I know He can). It is more of a submitting to God's will and being humbled that is happening. I am completely inadequate and unworthy of what He has entrusted me with and that is the ability to be a vessel and messenger of His truth. I know that it is by His grace and mercy alone that I am able to go with boldness and confidence and show His love to those I may come in contact with. I want to be intentional in my time over in the Philippines with Christ as my sole focus and desire. I want to have His plan and purpose of salvation in mind ; at the same time it is easy to become complacent and not really be intentional in what I do . Why is this? Ok so I think that is enough rambling for the night. I hope that those who read this would keep me in their prayers over the next few months as I prepare to go over and work with Kids International Ministry in the Philippines this summer.
Here are some things you can pray for:
  • Financial Plans and fund raising
  • That I would be spending time daily in prayer and the word intentionally preparing for this trip
  • That I would budget my time wisely as to best serve and be a part of the team that is going
  • That I would begin to grow a deep and lasting affection for the Filipino People
  • Mental , physical and spiritual strength now and during the trip
I would covet any and all prayers. This is a verse my friend gave me when I was telling her how insufficient I felt for this task and it brought me great comfort

2 Corinthians 12:9
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. "

God's grace is the only thing that makes me sufficient to do the work of the kingdom. I take great pleasure in knowing that in my weakness Christ's power is set on display and all the glory to Him belong because of nothing I did but His power in me.

No comments: