Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thoughts

I have decided that I need to start blogging again. I think it is something that will help keep me accountable to learn and hash out the things I am learning in God's word. For now I am just going to share a few verses that impacted me today

Proverbs 19:21
"Many are the plans in the mind of a man,but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand"

We can get so wrapped up in making plans for the future and even just planning what the next step we need to take in our lives is that we forget the one whose sovereign purpose for our life stands eternally. We are so fickle and scatter brained that we can change our minds as often as we change our clothes. It is so refreshing to know that our God is not like us in that way. God's counsel and purpose are steadfast and unchanging.

Proverbs 19:27
"cease to hear instruction, my son, and YOU WILL STRAY from the words of knowledge

My pastor kind of touched on this topic a while back but it has really stuck with me. Just the fact that when you stop listening to and seeking after wisdom you by default are following folly and foolishness. You are either moving forward and seeking the things of God (wise and righteous things) or you are in reverse seeking and following foolishness. There is no neutral position to take when seeking after the things of God and when you don't seek wisdom YOU WILL STRAY. Such a powerful and convicting message from the word. I know I don't always seek wisdom and to realize that means I am pursuing foolishness over wisdom at that time is very convicting

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the amazing aspect of forsaking wisdom to run after foolishness is that it only takes a short amount of time to do so. A few days out of the word and into the World either by T.V., music, etc and here we go...so fragile, so desperately needy of God's grace provided through His word!
Angela