Monday, July 6, 2009

Cold Showers, Bugs, and Jesus

Ok so quick update I made it safely to Maylaybalay city. Manila is still near and very dear to my heart but the quiet peaceful countryside here in Mindinao is grow nearer to my heart each day I spend here. I love that you can here crickets and animals and not traffic and chaos. There are so many neat kids and people we have had an opportunities to meet here as well. One thing I must say though is I DO NOT LIKE BUGS (and does this place have an abundance of them). The weather here is also much cooler than Manila raining almost every afternoon. The cooler weather does make not having hot water in the showers a bit less tolerable than in Manila ( think the pacific ocean in the winter). All in all God has great plans and potential for the property we are staying on and for the children's home that is still under construction. This place is more campy which I love as well. I will have tons of stories and will be sure to share them when I get home.... speaking of that ...... I will be home this Saturday evening ..... How the time flew. Love you all!!!!!!!!! See you when I get home.

2 comments:

Sue Cope said...

Jessica-
We're very proud of you! The Lord's light is shining through you and revealing the awesome Glory of God! Hang in there and many blessings to you and the rest of the team.
In Christ,
Jeff, Sue, Billy and Tony

karis baker mooney said...

Hope u had an AWESOME trip!